From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [wildly OT]advice for a wireless antenna?
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 22:35:29
1 On 2008-05-09, brullo nulla <brullonulla@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have a Gentoo-powered Macbook. I would like to improve its wireless
5 > receiver capabilities, to be able to connect to weak wireless networks
6 > for example in my laboratory (I would have legal access to the
7 > university network, but in my building the signal is extremly weak...
8 > yes, welcome to Italian infrastructures).
9 >
10 > I would like to experiment with a cantenna or something like that.
11
12 I've had very good luck with home-made biquad reflectors:
13
14 http://martybugs.net/wireless/biquad/
15 http://www.trevormarshall.com/biquad.htm
16
17 I've build both a single and a double biquad using methods
18 similar to the first page. I use thin-walled brass tubing
19 instead of copper.
20
21 > What do you advice for it? Usb wireless key to use,
22
23 You get the key from the network admin, don't you?
24
25 > advices on construction, etc.? Anything.
26
27 I've collected some cans and some N connectors but haven't
28 gotten around to building a can/waveguide antenna yet.
31 Grant Edwards grante Yow! I'm changing the
32 at CHANNEL ... But all I get
33 visi.com is commercials for "RONCO
34 MIRACLE BAMBOO STEAMERS"!
37 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list