From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why can't I emerge telnet?
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 23:41:53
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Thursday 07 April 2011 23:47:22 Dale wrote:
5 >> I mistyped a package name the other day and portage actually made
6 >> suggestions as to what I meant to type. O_O I think the devs are
7 >> trying to program in some ESP code. lol
8 >>
9 > No mate, they've just finally cottoned-on to your and my bad typing!
13 At first, it freaked me out. I reproduced the "feature" here tho:
14
15 root@fireball / # emerge -1av nvidia-driver
16
17 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
18
19 Calculating dependencies... done!
20
21 emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "nvidia-driver".
22
23 emerge: searching for similar names...
24 emerge: Maybe you meant any of these: x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers,
25 dev-db/libdbi-drivers, dev-util/nvidia-cuda-profiler?
26 root@fireball / #
27
28 I thought dang, that is neato!! Now if they can just make it read my
29 mind and me not have to show off my bad typing or forgetting the name of
30 the package. ;-) So, you may be right. o_O
31
32 Dale
33