From: "J." <jyo.garcia@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] stop an emerge (compilation), halt the PC, boot and continue the emerge
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 20:52:18
1 El lun, 20-06-2016 a las 16:58 +0200, Hogren escribió:
2 > There are many big softwares like Firefox, LibreOffice. At a certain
3 > moment, I need to stop the compilation to halt the PC.
4 >
5 > But, when I boot up again the PC and I «emerge --resume», it restart
6 > the compilation process.
7 >
8 > Is there a way to not restart the compilation process ?
9 > I think that if I enter in the temp directory and I type «make &&
10 > make install», it will install the software but it will not update
11 > portage database.
12
13 Yes you can, it is not officially supported to do this but I have done
14 it several times (webkits, libreoffice) without problems, what I do is
15 make a binary package and then install it, you should have set $PKGDIR
16 in make.conf, here's how I've done it:
17
18 You stopped at libreoffice, you restart your computer, then you should
19 find out what is the exact ebuild you were building, equery can help
20 you, if it is an upgrade, i.e.:
21
22 $ equery which libreoffice
23 ${PORDIR}/app-office/libreoffice/libreoffice-5.1.3.2.ebuild
24
25 then you pretend you are emerge, by using the portage user to make the
26 build resume, make sure $PKGDIR is writable by the portage user:
27
28 $ sudo -u portage ebuild\
29  ${PORTDIR}/app-office/libreoffice/libreoffice-5.1.3.2.ebuild \
30 package
31
32 or nesting both commands:
33
34 $ sudo -u portage ebuild $(equery w libreoffice) package
35
36 this makes all the previous steps needed (prepare, configure ,build,
37 install) if they haven't been done,
38 when that is finished you can merge your recently created binary
39 package by:
40
41 $ sudo emerge -av1K =app-office/libreoffice-5.1.3.2
42
43 and resume the general upgrade with:
44
45 emerge --resume -av --exclude app-office/libreoffice