From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Anybody really understand the gnu autotools?
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 20:57:14
1 On 06/19/2012 04:40 PM, walt wrote:
2 > I'm trying to build an xfce4 applet that's not in portage. For
3 > reasons I don't understand there are some standard gnome headers
4 > that don't get pulled in during the configure process, like orbit,
5 > libbonobo and libbonoboui.
6 >
7 > I edited the autoconf.in to check for those standard libraries,
8 > and it did partly work. The generated makefiles now have correct
9 > entries like LIBBONOBO_CFLAGS.
10 >
11 > The problem is that those flags are never used during the compile
12 > phase. So, anyone know how make that extra step happen?
13
14 (no, nobody really understands autotools)
15
16 Is the applet publicly-available? If the build system isn't broken, it
17 should all just work.
18
19 If you cloned a git repository, you probably need to run autogen.sh
20 first (and have xfce4-dev-tools installed). Otherwise, just ./configure
21 && make should do it.
22
23 Got a link? If it works with 4.10, I can just make an ebuild for it.