From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Only 4 of 8 GB usable
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 09:25:57
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 21 May 2014 20:38:15 -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Isn't there a kernel setting that cuts off after 4GBs or something? I
5 >> seem to recall having to turn that on at some point. I would think this
6 >> would be on by default but . . . .
7 > That's only in 32 bit kernels AFAIR. The live CD idea is a good one, also
8 > run memtest86+ to make sure the RAM is not only seen but working.
13 Could be. I can't recall if it was on my new rig or my older rig that I
14 had to do that on. Old age and got to much stuff going on.
15
16 Dale
17
21 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!