From: Andreas Karlsson <hermes@××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] playing the "Go Open Source" movies
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 10:16:50
1 On Saturday 06 August 2005 11.10, Ryan Viljoen wrote:
2 > You are all going to hate me for this but I had no luck in Linux, you
3 > need to get the AAC codec working which I wasnt successfull at doing.
4 > If you have access to a windows machine than download VLC media
5 > player, its the only player that I found to work. The linux version of
6 > VLC requires you to emerge AAC to play them but as I said didnt have
7 > much luck there.
8
9 Well, I´m recompiling xine-lib now with acc support to see if that helps, as I
10 go curious about the movies and downloaded them :)
11
12 Regards,
13 Andreas Karlsson