From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] alsa-update not in sync with kernel version
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 04:03:41
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> [10-04-05 01:32]:
2 > On Sun, 4 Apr 2010 20:42:48 +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 >
4 > > I am running a vanilla kernel (linux-2.6.32.11), This kernel uses
5 > > alsa-1.0.21.
6 > >
7 > > When doing the eix-sync-thingy, emerge always suggests to update
8 > > to alsa-1.0.22.
9 >
10 > The 1.0.22 userspace tools work fine with the drivers in 2.6.32.
11
12 Nice to hear, Neil, but is this also true for other combinations
13 of versions in the near or fat future?
14 That was the reason of my question...
15
16 mcc
17
18 > --
19 > Neil Bothwick
20 >
21 > I have seen things you lusers would not believe.
22 > I've seen Sun monitors on fire off the side of the multimedia lab.
23 > I've seen NTU lights glitter in the dark near the Mail Gate.
24 > All these things will be lost in time, like the root partition last
25 > week. Time to die.
30 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
31 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
32 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
33 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.