From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo Healthy? (The Return)
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 12:10:53
1 Danyelle Gragsone wrote:
2 > If gentoo became an *easy* distro like sickbayon or ubuntu.. I would
3 > stop using it. Seriously.. user friendly distros is not what I am
4 > looking for.. I am looking for a distro to have one fun and learn.
5
6 I second this sentiment. Since starting to use Gentoo in 2004, all
7 other distros pale in comparison. Yes, there have been a couple of
8 hurdles, but it was all learning. I view these, not as annoyances, but
9 challenges. I love what I have learned about my system with Gentoo and
10 there is *no* other distro that has a package management system that is
11 better than portage, IMHO. So, thanks from me to all the devs! :-)
12
13 Regards,
14
15 Colleen