From: Petric Frank <pfrank@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Idea for Videoconferencing (Video part)
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2020 16:45:18
1 Hello Ralph,
2
3 Am Freitag, 3. April 2020, 17:41:20 CEST schrieb Ralph Seichter:
4 > * Petric Frank:
5 > > Problem: Usually the camera is outside of the screen. The user normally
6 > > looks at the screen. As result the communication partner(s) see him not
7 > > looking at the camera.
8 >
9 > It may be bothering you, but that's not a problem in any real life
10 > sense. People can either live with it, knowing the reasons behind it, or
11 > look into the camera when speaking, if they want to provide an illusion
12 > of eye contact. Actors have been doing it for ages.
13
14 But normal people aren't professional actors. I thought i could be a technical
15 solution. Making life easier in this corona-days with increasing video
16 conferences.
17 I know, many people don't mind. But i think eye contact is a good thing while
18 working on the screen.
19
20 > > Anyone taking the task ?
21 >
22 > You are aware it is no longer April the first? :-)
23
24 Sure, therefore i've awaited the april fools day passed.
25
26 kind regards and keep well
27 Petric