From: Michael Mauch <michael.mauch@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: PPP Issue
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 18:30:23
1 Jamie Dobbs wrote:
2
3 > After any reboot, when I try to make a PPP connection to my workplace I
4 > get the following error:
5 >
6 > /usr/sbin/pppd: pppd is unable to open the /dev/ppp device.
7 > You need to create the /dev/ppp device node by
8 > executing the following command as root:
9 > mknod /dev/ppp c 108 0
10 >
11 > I enter the mknod command which recreates the device and I can then PPP
12 > into wokr but after a reboot that device always disappears.
13 > How can I stop this happening?
14
15 I had the same problem after switching to udev. I don't know what the
16 "correct" solution is, but I stuck ppp_generic in
17 /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 and ran upgrade-modules to "fix" it.
18
19 Regards...
20 Michael
21 --