From: Coert Waagmeester <lgroups@××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo-sources menuconfig feature/weirdness
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:50:44
1 On 02/23/2012 11:17 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:51:43 +0200, Coert Waagmeester wrote:
3 >
4 >> The only thing I can currently think of is maybe the kernel config
5 >> files in /boot?
6 >
7 > I'd say it's more likely to be getting it from /proc/config.gz.
8 >
9 > But why start with a clean config each time? That means you have plenty
10 > of opportunities to produce a broken kernel on every update.
14 Is there a way to import old config files with newer kernel sources?
15 I tried it once by simply copying .config into the newer src dir, but I
16 read somewhere that there could be incompatibilities.