From: Indi <thebeelzebubtrigger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [HEADSUP] libreoffice versus bison-2.5
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 03:26:25
1 On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 12:50:01AM +0200, walt wrote:
2 > I'm surprised that this problem hasn't already been posted here.
3 >
4 > For you users of unstable gentoo: the recent update of 'icu' broke
5 > dozens of packages (as it always does) including libreoffice.
6 >
7 > The problem is that libreoffice fails to build if you have bison-2.5
8 > installed on your machine. A gentoo bug report was filed by our own
9 > Nikos Chantziaras -- who did not post a headsup to this list :p
10 >
11 > The fix is to downgrade bison to the 'stable' version 2.4.3, as stated
12 > in Nikos's bug report.
13 >
14 > Happy week-end to all :)
15
16 Thanks for that. I upgraded my ~x86 laptop today and a bunch of things
17 did break but revdep-rebuild appears to have handled it.
18
19 I have bison-2.5, but am using libreoffice-bin which seems fine.
22 caveat utilitor