From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet? -> what was wron with SysVInit?
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 01:06:44
1 On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 4:40 PM, pk <peterk2@××××××××.se> wrote:
2 > On 2012-12-28 20:01, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
3 >
4 >> Because I prefer Gentoo?
5 >
6 > That's what I really don't understand! You say you don't want to care
7 > about the system which implies Fedora or any other install-and-forget
8 > distro. I care about the system which is why I run Gentoo. Do you have
9 > USE=* in make.conf too? That last part is not to be taken seriously but
10 > that's (basically) what the "masses" are running (and from what I can
11 > interpret your emails that's what you want).
12
13 I have USE="-kde -qt4" in my desktop/laptop. Last time I tried that
14 with RedHat and Mandrake (many, *many* years ago), it wasn't easy, and
15 I'm not certain that it is possible.
16
17 Like everyone here, I use Gentoo for it's flexibility at the moment of
18 configuring it. That doesn't mean I want to keep track of absolutely
19 everything in my machines; I love to set them up. Once. Then I love to
20 forget about them; they should just work.
21
22 > I'm done, thanks for listening.
23
24 Thanks to you.