From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone running a gentoo guest on virtualbox?
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 08:56:38
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 22:35 on Tuesday 31 May 2011, Mick did opine
2 thusly:
3
4 > > Considering that ~250 devices consumes a teeny-weeny bit of disk space
5 > > and they are hidden from view normally, I say it's worth it leaving them
6 > > in. Which is what vapier also says.
7 >
8 > I see. In my head it is as if we're going against the udev principle of
9 > populating required device nodes. If udev does not start, isn't it time
10 > to head for the nearest LiveCD, or must we ensure that every breakage is
11 > fixable in single-user mode?
12
13 I don't think we have to go that far. I think we should at least take
14 reasonable steps to ensure the single-user mode works at all.
18 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com