From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Gentoo healthy?
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 20:39:40
1 061219 Mrugesh Karnik wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 19 December 2006 00:24, Grant wrote:
3 >> It seems like the best thing for Gentoo is a lot of users.
4 >> More users must mean more active developers
5 >> and an increased rate of growth for the software.
6 > Methinks, Gentoo should stay focused.
7 > I don't think the goal of Gentoo was to become a Desktop Distro
8 > for the people migrating from M$ land. I don't care about ease of use.
9 > I DO want the flexibility and the control.
10 > Quality matters, not the quantity.
11
12 Gentoo is for fairly experienced Linux users who want real control
13 & are prepared to put a bit of time into maintaining their box(es).
14 There will always be people who try it & find it too time-consuming
15 or are simply not experienced enough to handle its challenges.
16 There is no other distro which offers anything like what Gentoo offers
17 & until there is, Gentoo will remain alive & fairly healthy.
18
19 BTW 'Distrowatch' has its annual review today
20 with a rather snide report on Gentoo as no longer being fashionable (grin).
24 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
25 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
26 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list