From: Ron Bickers <rbickers-list-gentoo-user@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Antoine <melser.anton@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] thanks and farewell
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 20:24:40
1 On Fri May 19 2006 13:09, Antoine wrote:
2
3 > I have just finished moving the last of my boxes over to fedora, and
4 > am saying goodbye (for now at least) to the list. I would like to
5 > thank all for their great help - I know there are many things I will
6 > miss not running gentoo but I am now at a stage where I want my
7 > systems to be a little less "on the edge".
8
9 That's interesting. I just finished a year-long move of seven machines from
10 Fedora to Gentoo because I was tired of being on the edge. :-)
11
12 I'd used RedHat/Fedora since RH6.0. I like keeping reasonably up to date
13 software, but Fedora's six-month release cycle and two version support was
14 just getting too fast. Fedora Legacy wasn't much help, either. They had
15 been disappointingly slow (don't know about now) at keeping up with older
16 version security fixes.
17
18 That said, when I wasn't dealing with upgrading, I had few problems. Enjoy.
21 Ron
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list