From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nxclient: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2017 16:18:14
1 On Sunday 09 Apr 2017 09:49:07 thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > I've installed: net-misc/nxclient-3.5.0.7 on x86 and it compiled without
3 > errors, but when I try to run it I get an error:
4 >
5 > nxclient
6 > /usr/bin/nxclient: line 8: /usr/NX/bin/nxclient: cannot execute binary file:
7 > Exec format error /usr/bin/nxclient: line 8: /usr/NX/bin/nxclient: Success
8 >
9 > In a remote location all my boxes are Gentoo except one Win10 (Home
10 > Edition). I have a hard time connecting to it.
11 > X2Go has only client for Win10 but in order for x2go to connect to Win10, it
12 > would have to run X2Go-server isn't it?
13 >
14 > Win10 has Remote Desktop for connecting to other computers, but you can't
15 > remote desktop to Windows 10 Home itself. That requires Windows 10 Pro.
16 >
17 > What are my alternatives?
18
19 Have you looked at tigervnc and friends? There are also 3rd party services
20 like teamviewer, splashtop, et al. which I think are free for personal use -
21 *if* you can trust them. I don't trust them, so I use VNC over SSH or VPN.
24 Regards,
25 Mick