From: Willie Wong <wwong@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kvm and intel E5450 processor
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:29:36
1 On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:17:13PM -0500, Penguin Lover James Erickson squawked:
2 > today i installed two quad core Intel Xeon
3 > E5450's (Harpertown). i notice in /proc/cpuinfo i no longer have a vmx
4 > flag as i had with my previous Intel E5405's. i have also noticed that
5 > my /dev/kvm device is no longer created. VT is enabled in the bios. the
6 > data for the E5450's states that they have Intel Virtualization
7 > Technology. so why dont i have a /dev/kvm? have i spent all that money
8 > on processors that can't use kvm? can anyone shed some light on this
9 > issue for me? i am confused.
10
11 A first, possibly dumb, question I'd ask is: Was kvm support compiled
12 into the kernel?
13
14 W
15 --
16 This sentence no verb.
17 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 1021 days, 7:21