From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How many people use KDE?
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:54:09
1 Ryan Viljoen wrote:
2
3 >I use Fluxbox but have been experimenting with KDE 3.5. I must say I
4 >really like it however it is not the complete KDE I emerged all the
5 >apps that I use and then emerged kdebase so I have the very very basic
6 >KDE system without all the other rubbish and bloatware that you get.
7 >KDE detects all my installed software and sorts out the menu and all.
8 >
9 >Fluxbox for speed and simplicity and KDE for eyecandy (can lag a bit).
10 >I despise gnome, I find it to be particularly backwards and I have not
11 >found a nice looking gnome desktop as of yet compared to soem of the
12 >KDE and fluxbox desktops around.
13 >
14 >Anyway my 2cents.
15 >
16 >--
17 >Ryan Viljoen Bsc(Eng) (Electrical)
18 >
19 >"Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable."
20 > - Mark Twain
26 I must admit, I tried Fluxbox a long time ago. Even on this fast rig,
27 AMD2500+, it was nice and fast. I just like KDE and all the eye candy.
28 I have a slide show for my desktop. Love my ladies. LOL
29
30 That fluxbox sure is fast. It would be great for a slow rig, 400MHz or
31 less. Would make a good light desktop for a noobie on a server since it
32 is so light. I like you did not like Gnome at all. Maybe if I had a
33 slower rig. I ran KDE on a 400MHz machine before, bloated Mandrake at
34 that. LOL
35
36 Each his/her own.
37
38 Dale
39 :-)
40
41 I can't believe I just connected and I can send email with Mozilla. If
42 my connection would just speed up a bit. o_O
43 --
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list