From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] (OT) TP-Link TL-MR3420 GPL?
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 07:51:56
1 On Friday, August 19, 2011 02:35:45 PM Pandu Poluan wrote:
2 > Just bought a :
3 > 3G/3.75G Wireless N Router (the kind
4 > that accepts a 3G or EVDO USB modem), and the first thing that fell on
5 > my hand when I opened it...
6 >
7 > ... is a printed copy of GPL!
8 >
9 > I wonder what GPLicensed software this access point uses... anyone knows?
10
11 My guess:
12 Linux kernel wth the iptables stack and tools.
13
14 Maybe also a few other things, like a DHCP-server and a DNS-cache.
15
16 I've seen this as well and you should either have a list of software used or a
17 way to download the source-code from the manufacturers website:
18 http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/gpl/
21 Joost