From: Pawel K <pawlaczus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hardware autodetection at boot
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 16:03:46
1 I compiled the kernel with all modules:
2
3 make allmodconfig
4 make
5 make modules_install
6
7 I have udev running on my machine since more than a year.
8 I created the following section in grub.conf:
9
10 title vanilla-all-modules
11 root (hd0,0)
12 kernel /boot/kernel-all-modules root=/dev/hda1
13
14 The kernel is unable to mount my ext3 root filesystem.
15 It shows the following message:
16 Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0).
17
18 (hd0,0) is correct since I copied it from my daily grub section.
19 I have ext3.ko in the following path:
20 /lib/modules/2.6.24.3/kernel/fs/ext3/ext3.ko
21
22 Could you give me some indications of how to solve this problem.
23
24 Thanks in advance
25
26 Andrey Falko <ma3oxuct@×××××.com> wrote: On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 9:18 AM, Pawel K