From: Johannes Skov Frandsen <joe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg-7.2 and ati-drivers-8.32.5 - Thank you Gentoo devs
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 05:53:24
1 Hi everybody
2
3 I currently have xorg 7.2 on a 2.6.20-r7 kernel. Can't get any of the
4 binary drivers to work
5 on my Radeon 9200 PRO card (as you might have read in previous posts),
6 but the open
7 source drivers works with a little tweaking of xorg.conf.
8
9 I use the hardend profil.
10
11 I had the following enabled in my kernel when I tried the binary drivers
12 from ati:
13 Device Drivers --->
14 Character devices --->
15 <M> /dev/agpgart (AGP Support)
16 Graphics support --->
17 <*> Support for frame buffer devices
18
19 I have the following settings in my make.conf:
20
21 USE="gtk gnome alsa hal avahi bash-completion"
22 INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse"
23 VIDEO_CARDS="savage radeon fglrx"
24
25 and this line added in my /etc/portage/package.keywords:
26
27 x11-drivers/ati-drivers ~x86
28
29 With above settings I'm allowed to install version 8.35.5 of the ati driver.
30
31 But aticonfig can't generate a xorg file for me so I'm unable to start x, as
32 I haven't been able to configure xorg manually with the binary driver.
33
34 Just thought I would share..
35
36 Johannes
39 Francisco Rivas wrote:
40 > Hi Remy..
41 >
42 > I have xorg 7.1.1 8.36.5 ati driver and k 2.6.21 it works fine with
43 > opengl...
44 >
45 > I hope this help you, and post all your questions...the people here
46 > will help you...
47 >
48 > On 5/15/07, *Remy Blank* <remy.blank@×××××.com