From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Google pop3 authentication failure
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 14:20:47
1 On Tue, 14 Jun 2022 09:52:19 +0200, Dr Rainer Woitok wrote:
2
3 > > > Anybody knowing about a replacement for "fetchmail" which provides
4 > > > daem- on mode as well as POP and OAuth support, and also allows
5 > > > to directly feed the fetched mails into "procmail"?
6 > >
7 > > net-mail/getmail
8 >
9 > Do you know for sure? As mentioned in my original mail I was under the
10 > impression that OAuth is only available together with IMAP but not with
11 > POP3. See
12 >
13 > https://getmail6.org/configuration.html#configuring
14
15 Good point, it's that long since I set up getmail, I had to check if it
16 was using IMAP or POP, and I'm using it with IMAP. Is there a reason you
17 can't or won't use IMAP?
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Q: Why is top-posting evil?
24 A: backwards read don't humans because