From: Abraham Marin Perez <abraham@×××××××××.es>
To: "Gentoo Users (Inglés)" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] What happened to my CPU?
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 12:06:22
1 Hi everyone:
2
3 Lately I had a very weird problem with my CPU. I keep my computer on
4 due to I hold a web page and some other stuff, but this morning my
5 computer was off. I ruled out tension or current peaks because I have an
6 UPS and no other electronic device at home seems to be affected by such
7 a thing, so I guess it had to be dued to something in my computer.
8
9 But that's not all. The actual problem is that when I turned it on
10 my system didn't recognise my AMD Athlon XP 1700 (what I had and have)
11 but just an AMD Athlon 1100. I haven't been able to find out whether
12 it's actually working at this lower speed or it's just a naming problem,
13 but anyway this seems to be a quite bizarre problem.
14
15 Is there anyone who has any idea about what happened and why? Thanks,
16 Abraham
20 Abraham Marin Perez
21 Studying Computer Science at the University of Valencia
22 E-mail: abraham@×××××××××.es
23 Home page: http://mural.uv.es/abraham
24
25 "Software is not expensive, but you don't know it"
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list