From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem with X fonts when restarting from hibernate-to-disk
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 23:28:18
1 I'm not sure where to look. I've recently started having font
2 problems when restarting my PC from hibernate-to-disk. Here are the
3 symptoms...
4 * I hibernate my home desktop machine when not using it
5 * when I restart from hibernate, the following problems *SOMETIMES* occur
6 * existing GUI windows are OK
7 * launching new programs or dialogues (YES/NO, Apply/Cancel, etc) seems
8 to have zero-size fonts
9 * shutting down X and restarting it solves the problem, but if I have to
10 go through that, it's almost as cumbersome as "sudo /usr/sbin/poff"
11 and booting fresh
12
13 I'm attaching a partial screen-capture of an existing gnumeric
14 spreadsheet and a new one launched after waking up from hibernation.
15 The tracker.gnumeric spreadsheet that was opened before hibernation is
16 OK. The Book1.gnumeric spreadsheet was opened after waking up from
17 hibernate. Note the missing "File Edit View etc" text menus. The
18 location and formula areas are very thin, compared to the same areas in
19 tracker.gnumeric. This happens to Opera, AbiWord, etc. I did this
20 partial screencapture with Gimp. I left it open before hibernating.
21 The radiobuttons and icons were OK in the screencapture dialogue, but
22 the fonts were screwed up on the dialogue. I managed to do the
23 screencapture from memory of which button was which.
26 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>

sample.png image/png