From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Virtual Mailhost Setup Question.
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 06:13:42
1 Mal Herring wrote:
2 >>If you're using qmail and have qmailadmin, you can use the "Vacation"
3 >
4 > feature.
5 >
6 > Sounds like a handy feature but I am using Postfix... :(
7 >
8 > Does Postfix offer this functionality ?
11 I hate to give the same sort of answer, but the Postfix based how-to
12 was never very fancy. However I still believe Postfix is the easiest and
13 best MTA to use for a virtual system. It's just that you should use
14 PostfixAdmin as the base. Migrating from the Gentoo How-to to a
15 PostfixAdmin based system can be painful, different db schema and other
16 things, but having an easy to use interface to add users, domains,
17 aliases, etc AND being able to delegate domain control to power users
18 has been fantastic.
19
20 PostfixAdmin supports vacation as well and users can manage it
21 themselves. You can even integrate the vacation into Horde as well if
22 you're willing to muck about in the internals.
23
24 http://high5.net/postfixadmin/
25
26 However as a low tech solution you could do something like the following:
27
28 user@×××××××.com is a real account
29
30 create this in your alias table
31 user@×××××××.com -> user@×××××××.com,vacation
32
33 Then setup a general vacation program as user vacation on the system
34 with the proper regex stuff and tracking of addresses it's has already
35 responded to.
36
37 kashani
38 --