From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Install
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 15:18:17
1 On Sat, Sep 24, 2016 at 8:13 AM, Christopher Robinson
2 <chrisrobinson@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > After the files compile on the Minimal Install CD, I get a command line
4 > prompt.
5 > I assume I need to enter a username and then a password to boot the install,
6 > but I have not succeeded in creating those. What should I do?
9 The step you missed is this one:
10 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/System#Root_password
11
12 If you're at the command prompt inside the chroot then you're already
13 logged in as root. So, you just type "passwd" and enter a new root
14 password. root is your username. You can create additional users
15 using useradd:
16 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:AMD64/Installation/Finalizing#Adding_a_user_for_daily_use
17
18 > Also, I read that it is possible to install Gentoo from the Live DVD.
19 > How do I do that?
20
21 The same way as from the minimal CD. Just open a terminal and follow
22 the handbook.
25 Rich