From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] package.features
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 19:19:45
1 On Saturday 03 March 2007 17:46:30 Michal 'vorner' Vaner wrote:
2 > I feel a need to override the default FEATURES configuration for one
3 > package (some kernel modules do not build with userpriv). However, I can
4 > not find anything like that in any gentoo manual. It would probably be
5 > something like package.features file, but that one does not work (quite
6 > expectable).
7 >
8 > Do I miss something, or I could as well start hacking portage?
9
10 The only way to disable userpriv on a per package basis is by adding
11 RESTRICT=userpriv to the ebuild. If a package cannot work with userpriv that
12 should be done by it's maintainer. So if needed file a bug against the
13 packages in question... Any patch to change this will probably be rejected.
16 Bo Andresen