From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian forked, because of systemd brouhaha
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 11:44:09
1 141130 Marc Stürmer wrote:
2 > The point though is that the way this fork was being announced is quite
3 > simple the worst way to do it. The announcement was not signed by any
4 > name and just made by someone named "Majordomo Debianfork." Not that's
5 > why I do call a bad way to start such a project and building trust.
6 >
7 > Then they are already asking for donations. Yes, of course such a
8 > project has the need for donations, true. But would you send someone money
9 > where you've got no clue whom you are giving it? I won't.
10 >
11 > So until they are going to publish a list of names about who's behind
12 > this project I for myself am just going to think about it as a more or
13 > less nice reminder to the Debian community about that a nother fork with
14 > the implicit goal to eliminate Systemd would quite quickly gain much
15 > momentum and speed. The goal of such a prank? To make the people think
16 > about it and change their opinion that this would not happen.
17
18 A rather shrewd analysis ; the name 'Devuan' adds to my suspicions.
22 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
23 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
24 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca