From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mounting micro SD cards
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 23:44:50
1 On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 1:48 AM, <felix@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > I want a bigger micro SD card in my cell phone it came with just 2GB),
3 > so I bought a 16GB one complete with carrier to fit in a standard SD
4 > slot. My plan was to turn off the phone, remove the 2GB micro SD
5 > card, make a tarball of what is on there, put in the 16GB one and
6 > untar things, and put the 16GB one in the phone.
7 >
8 > No luck. /dev shows for devices, sd[fghi], and neither mount nor
9 > fdisk knows what to do with them. /var/log/messages has this:
10
11 Since it shows the capacity wrong I think it looks like maybe you do
12 not have an SDHC card reader but only an SD card reader. For cards
13 over 2GB you need SDHC, they use completely different addressing
14 systems.