From: Tom H <tomh0665@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Get off my lawn?
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 18:47:05
1 On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Marc Stürmer <mail@×××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2 > Am 22.01.2015 um 19:06 schrieb Tom H:
3 >>
4 >> Sure. My point was that anyone can claim that systemd is (un)popular
5 >> in the embedded space.
6 >
7 > I don't know if it is popular; in embedded systems though the last thing you
8 > need are fast moving targets IMHO, you want to use proven, reliable tools.
9 >
10 > If systemd is reliable or not, this depends on your decision, but it is a
11 > fast moving target.
12
13 It's not necessarily a fast moving target. RHEL 7 uses an
14 upstream-maintained "208 stable" (and AFAIR Debian 8 will also use
15 it).
16
17 For embedded systems that never used sysvinit, systemd is unlikely
18 ever to be an option but for others anyone can claim either that
19 systemd is the best choice possible or that it's the worst choice
20 possible without any proof either way.