From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [ot] Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: [gentoo]Block certain websites
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 19:30:17
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 12:19:06 -0300
4 "Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman" <buanzo@××××××××××.ar> wrote:
5
6 > The other day something quite funny happened to me. I was with my Laptop trying to find an open AP.
7 > I found one, but couldn't browser the internet nor get my OpenVPN (against a USA-based server) up
8 > and running. I started making some tests... and I finally tried sshing into one of my local (i.e in
9 > argentina) servers.
10 >
11 > It worked. So, they were filtering (or the internet link didn't have) international access. I
12 > quickly set-up an openvpn server on the argentinian (i.e national) server, a 3proxy-proxy (fast
13 > enough), and told firefox to use it (over the vpn). Quite funny :)
14
15 I just use ssh for this. Using the "-D" flag gives a SOCKS5 proxy,
16 listening locally, making/accepting connections on the ssh remote end.
17 You can use it directly in Firefox, no need for full-fledged VPN.
18 (and for that, there would be the new "-w" option -- when IP-via-TCP is
19 an option)
20
21 -hwh
22 --