From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: python, my nemesis
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2021 17:20:16
1 On 2021-09-20, Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Monday, 20 September 2021 14:56:46 BST Gerrit Kuehn wrote:
3 >
4 >> Well, this was the suggested way to go, see
5 >> https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2021-05-05-python3-9.html
6 >>
7 >> But also when trying "emerge -1vUD @world" (be it with or without the
8 >> package.use settings), I get stuck in conflicts (mostly on perl and
9 >> setuptools). perl issues would probably resolve once I have EAPI8
10 >> support, i.e. get new portage.
11 >
12 > With a year old system you should question if reinstalling your
13 > system after a back up of configuration and data files would be a
14 > smarter approach.
15
16 In my experience, it will almost definitely be less work to
17 reinstall --- usually a _lot_ less work.
20 Grant