From: Mr G <persistence2success@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What does xgetdefault use flag do
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 16:01:39
1 > You'll have to look in those app's docs or code to find out what they do
2 > with ./configure --enable xgetdefault, but I suppose a reasonable
3 > reading is that it uses Xresources in addition to $SOMETHING_ELSE.
6 I didn't find anything concrete about what it does but I did find a
7 reference to the fact that rxvt doesn't read the $HOME/.Xresources
8 file if the operating system loads them into the X display. He also
9 does not seem to be a big Gentoo fan so I am guessing this flag has
10 something to do with this. It's the reference to the "small version"
11 in the USE flag that was confusing me.
14 B G