From: Sascha Hlusiak <saschahlusiak@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CD ROM does not play audio CD's
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 14:02:31
1 > > > He wrote that he is pissed off...
2 > >
3 > > If you quoted him correctly before, you'd know it was not meant as an
4 > > attack. He wrote "[...] this latest thread just started to piss me off."
5 > > It's not about you, neither about your work. It's about this thread!
6 > > People have been extremely understanding in this thread for long but
7 > > asking for the same information over and over again and those questions
8 > > being ignored sure is
9 >
10 > If he is interested in a real discussion, he could try to be more obvious
11 > and avoid to point to questionable claims.
12 Since you refused to give and references to your claims he searched himself
13 and came up with those articles. At least he came up with something that we
14 can base a discussion on, maybe it be true or not, serious or not. It would
15 have been so easy to explain, where those articles are not correct. Instead
16 of using this excellent opportunity to explain the background, you refused to
17 discuss it at all.
18
19 > There is a different way of asking that does not create the impression that
20 > you stand behind the claims from a quoted URL.
21 The information given from this URLs seemed to explain things a bit and do not
22 look like completely wrong. I'd rather have some questionable reference that
23 we can talk about than no reference at all. Even lies and questionable
24 articles can be used for discussion.
25
26 You agree that referring to a non public email attack is of absolutely no
27 value nor interest for us. You might want to publish those email threads, if
28 you want to prove your point.
29
30 Sascha