From: "wdk@.moriah" <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Recommended VPN Tunnel client?
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 22:54:08
1 Congestion isn't the only reason to use TCP and a VPN.
2
3 3G smartphone network (Optus in Oz) has a large number of duplicate and dropped packets - openvpn performance over TCP is much better. Similar case with a cheap French network while on holiday there. This was an extreme case though with non VPN traffic very poor as well.
4
5 Otherwise use openvpn with fqdn's and not IP numbers then use ospf across them with suitable route metrics to either share or prefer a route. Works well with dynamic IP's from my ISP so should be ok in your scenario. You could also use openvpns route push if you dont need complex dynamic routing - this works better than ospf on bad links anyway.
6
7 BillK
8