From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Setting up fetchmail to feed postfix
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 23:05:16
1 On 2017-11-26 16:46, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > You'll find this recipe all over the place, but with procmail you can
4 > do this:
5 > https://mymegabyte.com/2010/03/filter-duplicate-emails-with-procmail/
6
7 I don't trust procmail anymore after CVE-2017-16844. It took me a long
8 time, I had a weak spot for it, you might say, despite its horrible
9 looking source. But now it's over. I have rewritten my delivery
10 framework using Perl and Mail::Audit, and I feel very relieved.
11
12 > I highly recommend using it. Works on lists/direct/etc. You won't
13 > find yourself complaining about crossposts, being on CC, or whatever
14 > again.
15
16 On the other list I mentioned, I am getting dupes after a _month_.
17 It would take a huge .msgid file to detect that, and remember formail
18 does a linear search through it.
19
20 I'm experimenting with using the filesystem as a hashtable, creating an
21 empty file based on each Message-ID header (of course I munge it to get
22 a valid filename).
25 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
26 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
27 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet, fetch the TXT record for the domain.