From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Terminals that work with "compose" key?
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 19:41:52
1 I noticed that the terminal program I've used for years (aterm)
2 recently stopped working with the "compose" key (for generating
3 accented or "foreign" characters, for example).
4
5 The compose key still works fine in xjed, emacs, rxvt, mrxvt,
6 xterm, and dozens of GTK and Qt based apps. But, it doesn't
7 work in aterm or urxvt.
8
9 I'm particularly surprised that it works in rxvt (which has
10 been abandoned for years), but not in in rxvt-unicode (built
11 with iso14755 and unicode3 options enabled) which is actively
12 developed and intended to support internationalization.
13
14 Does anybody else have problems with the compose key and aterm
15 or urxvt?
18 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Where's th' DAFFY
19 at DUCK EXHIBIT??
20 visi.com