From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] some two more rsync questions
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 23:09:32
1 On Wednesday 17 November 2010 12:16:48 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have two problems with rsync
5 >
6 > 1st) if I give both commandline options -u and -c
7 > it looks as if a file which is more recent but different
8 > on the destination is not updated, i.e. -u overrules -c
9 > Is that true?
10 >
11 > 2nd) There is a symlink A on <SourceDir> which refers to a directory
12 > On the other hand, A is the name of a (real) subdirectory of
13 > <DestDir>
14 >
15 > Now doing
16 > rsync -auHz --delete --exclude=/A <SourceDir>/ <DestDir>/
17 > does remove A on <DestDir> - why ?
18
19 I don't know the answer to your 1st question, but I think that the answer to
20 your 2nd question is that A on the <DestDir> is removed because of the --
21 delete option. According to the man page:
22
23 --delete delete extraneous files from dest dirs.
26 Regards,
27 Mick