From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Backup questions
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 21:52:49
1 Am Dienstag, 14. August 2018, 12:55:05 CEST schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
2 > Am 09.08.18 um 18:52 schrieb Wols Lists:
3 > > May I suggest using btrfs for your backup drive?
4 >
5 > I like btrbk:
6 >
7 > https://github.com/digint/btrbk
8 >
9 > I run btrfs as main filesystem on 3 systems (2 laptops, 1 main desktop)
10 > and so far I am not looking back.
11 >
12 > -> btrbk snapshots to local subvolumes ("time machine") + pulling btrbk
13 > backups to external disks + btrbk backups to another server.
14 >
15 > Works fine for me.
16
17 Works for me, too :) .
18
19 In all seriousness, I also ended up at btrbk for driving a btrfs snapshot
20 based backup system (btrbk is basically a fancy UI on top of the btrfs send/
21 receive machinery). I've been using it for, wow, for almost 3 years now
22 (first merged on 7th September 2015).
23
24 Greetings
25 --
26 Marc Joliet
27 --
28 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
29 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup