From: Joseph <syscon@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] asterisk_nice -5
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 21:41:13
1 Can any body give am a helping hand how to modify asterisk startup
2 script to start it with let say nice -5
3 I think I'll need to modify something in the beginning in this section,
4 but I don't exactly know how.
5
6 depend() {
7 need net
8 use zaptel
9 }
10
11 start() {
12 local OPTS USER GROUP
13
14 if [[ -n "${ASTERISK_NICE}" ]]; then
15 if [[ ${ASTERISK_NICE} -ge -20 ]] && \
16 [[ ${ASTERISK_NICE} -le 19 ]]; then
17 OPTS="--nicelevel ${ASTERISK_NICE}"
18 else
19 eerror "Nice value must be between -20 and 19"
20 fi
21
22 Asterisk run at the same nice level "0" as apache and when the fax comes
23 in sometimes I get a lot of bad lines.
24 So, adjusting nice level to -5 for asterisk might help.
25 Asterisk intercept faxes and forwards it to a fax extension.
28 #Joseph
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list