From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SLES or gentoo ... ?
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 16:11:59
1 Am 26.08.2013 17:51, schrieb Pandu Poluan:
2
3 > 2 smallest disks in RAID1 configuration for booting.
4 >
5 > Then the 6 disks as JBOD and use it within a RAIDZ2 array.
6 >
7 > Or, 6 disks in JBOD, add them a 3 ZFS mirror vdev's.
8
9 Interesting suggestion.
10
11 I don't know if I dare ... I wonder how VMs would perform on
12 ZFS-filesystems ... I should test that before actually setting that up.
13 The system will run ~800km away from me so it should be rather
14 bullet-proof ;-)
15
16 I trust ZFS, sure ... but I don't have experience with it as a storage
17 for KVM-virtualization.
18
19 But I consider it, thanks!
20