From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Strange Alt key behavior?
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 04:09:54
1 > I send a system image of my laptop to various other laptops of the
2 > same make and model which they use to operate. I wrote a script for
3 > this and it works great. I've run into a situation where a particular
4 > new (used) laptop works fine but the Alt+F2 shortcut to open the
5 > program launcher in xfce4 doesn't work and I can't switch to VTs 1-3
6 > with Ctrl+Alt+F1/F2/F3. VT4 works but then VT7 doesn't bring back the
7 > desktop. I'm not sure what this is pointing to. Any ideas?
10 Actually I think some kind of a keymap issue is preventing my
11 F1/F2/F3/etc keys from working correctly. This keyboard has a Euro
12 symbol and an Indian Rupee symbol that the other laptop keyboards
13 don't have. Do I need to choose a different keymap and if so, how can
14 I figure out which one?
15
16 - Grant