From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to "freeze" my Gentoo system
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 19:46:20
1 On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 12:52:16 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > > I've only even seen the ~ used at the start of an atom, I didn't know
4 > > it could be used at the end too.
5
6 > You must be English. Only an Englishman could point out a blunder like
7 > that in such a subtle way as to make the other guy cringe with
8 > embarrassment...
9
10 LOL! Actually, I checked the portage man page and when I saw no reference
11 to it there, I assumed it was a new feature you had discovered that
12 hadn't made it to the man page. It didn't occur to me that when putting
13 the tilde at the wrong end, you were talking out of the wrong end :)
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 LISP: To call a spade a thpade.