From: Duane Griffin <duaneg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is this because of make oldconfig?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 18:44:00
1 2008/7/18 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I rolled up a new kernel after I ran make oldconfig and noticed this little
5 > message:
6 [snip]
7 > WARNING: modpost: Found 10 section mismatch(es).
8 [snip]
9 > What's it telling me? Is this something I should ignore?
10
11 The tool has detected something that could be a kernel bug or could be
12 a false positive. If it is a bug it may or may not actually affect
13 you, but probably won't. You'll know if it does because you'll see
14 nasty errors in your logs. I'd recommend ignoring it unless you see
15 those errors, it shouldn't corrupt your data or anything like that.
16
17 It has nothing to do with oldconfig.
18
19 Cheers,
20 Duane.
23 "I never could learn to drink that blood and call it wine" - Bob Dylan
24 --
25 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list