From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub hell
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:57:39
1 On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 09:52:49 -0800 (PST)
2 maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > grub.conf:
5 >
6 > #XP
7 > title=XP
8 > rootnoverify (hd0,0)
9 > map (hd1)(hd0)
10 > makeactive
11 > chainloader +1
12 > boot
13 >
14 > (I used one 'map' command following Dan Farrell's
15 > model but using two made no difference)
16
17 notice in my XP section I do
18 rootnoverify (hd1,0)
19 map (hd1) (hd0)
20
21 so the root is on the second hard drive in grub, but windows doesn't
22 know about the SATA controller and so must be 'tricked' into thinking
23 its on the first hard drive.
24
25 In your grub.conf, you say the root is on (hd0,0) but then remap (hd1)
26 as (hd0). Whereas the root partition for windows boot in my case is
27 the first hard drive listed after 'map', yours is the second I suggest
28 you reverse this.
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list