From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc-2.27 segfaults
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 08:54:31
1 On December 21, 2018 8:42:17 AM UTC, "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 >Am 21.12.18 um 08:53 schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
3 >
4 >> We now have a non-booting gentoo (going into systemd emergency mode)
5 >...
6 >> something around LVM fails and so it stops booting.
7 >Is it possible that related to the rebuilds related to the
8 >profile-changes somehow LVM got "incompatible" to the old kernel?
9 >
10 >And only at reboot this hits me?
11 >
12 >systemd fails at "waiting for LV xy" .. I have the former SUSE Linux
13 >booted up already and think of editing the gentoo fstab to skip the 3
14 >LV
15 >mounts ... just to get it booted
16
17 That could easily be the case.
18
19 And if you find a decent KVM over IP option with VGA amd USB support, I would be interested as well. Got one remote system without a built-in KVM myself.
22 Joost
23 --
24 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.