From: German <gentgerman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] RTL8723BE and RTL8111/8168/8411
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 11:39:46
1 On Tue, 3 Mar 2015 10:07:06 +0000
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, 3 Mar 2015 04:24:39 -0500, German wrote:
5 >
6 > > > However, you shouldn't need to add a network card module to this
7 > > > file, it should be loaded automatically by kernel hotplugging.
8 >
9 > > Should it concern wifi module as well? Neil, please help me out with
10 > > finding these modules in kernel config menus. Can't locate them
11 >
12 > You can find any modules in make menuconfig by pressing / and then typing
13 > a search string. That shows up modules you may not find when browsing
14 > them menus, because there are other options you need to enable first
15 > (which the search result shows).
16
17 thanks Neil, I'll try it. And yes, I know module's names
18 >
19 > That assumes you know which modules you need. The easiest way to tell
20 > that is to boot from a live CD live system rescue Cd or the install disc
21 > and run lspci -k, which shows the modules used by each item.
24 > --
25 > Neil Bothwick
26 >
27 > I've found a solution to Fermat's Last Theorem but I see I've run out of
28 > room o
32 German <gentgerman@×××××.com>