From: Hazen Valliant-Saunders <hazenvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The new guy
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 02:52:14
1 Welcome To the list;
2
3 Generally this is for usability / tech supprot for the gentoo community.
4
5 On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Neal Hogan <nealhogan@×××××.com> wrote:
6
7 > Am I missing something that indicates the OP is serious?
8 >
9 > On 1/20/11, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com<paul.hartman%2Bgentoo@×××××.com>>
10 > wrote:
11 > > On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Nils Andresen <nils@×××××××××××××.de>
12 > > wrote:
13 > >> Hi,
14 > >> I'm Nils - "the new guy".
15 > >> I have been using gentoo since 2005.0 (or something...) and linux (as
16 > >> THE single os installed) since '98. Im above 30, a bit on the heavy side
17 > >> but I can see my toes when I look down (and bend my head only
18 > >> slightly...) I kind of stumbled across the mailing-lists recently...
19 > >
20 > > Welcome to the list. I have mostly the same story here, though there
21 > > was a period of years after DOS where I used OS/2 (with dualboot to
22 > > Slackware), eventually changing to purely Gentoo Linux in 2004-2005 or
23 > > so.
24 > >
25 > > In my day job I have worked in a 100% Microsoft environment for 10+
26 > > years, with a mix of Novell Netware and Microsoft before that. I
27 > > haven't gone insane yet, but I think I'm showing subtle signs with
28 > > each passing day...
29 > >
30 > > Paul
38 Hazen Valliant-Saunders Adipl. CISSP ITIL MCSE MCP
39 IT/IS Consultant
40 (613) 355-5977