From: Chris Frederick <cdf123@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] nfs share /usr/portage between computers?
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:34:52
1 Hi all,
2
3 I was just wondering about sharing the /usr/portage directory through
4 nfs between multiple computers. I have everything set up, and I have it
5 running between two so far, but I'm getting QA notices. This got me
6 wondering if there are any issues with sharing /usr/portage between
7 different archs. I have two other computers that I would also like on
8 this setup (p3 laptop, and p3 desktop). I'm assuming that the problems
9 are going to arise with the zeon->amd64 comps rather than the other two.
10 Here's what I'm seeing:
11
12 SERVER: dual Zeon 2.6Ghz
13
14 zeon ~ # emerge --sync
15 <snipped update>
16
17 Performing Global Updates: /usr/portage/profiles/updates/4Q-2005
18 (Could take a couple of minutes if you have a lot of binary packages.)
19 .='update pass' *='binary update' @='/var/db move'
20 s='/var/db SLOT move' S='binary SLOT move' p='update
21 /etc/portage/package.*'
22 ....
25 CLIENT: AMD Athlon64 3.0Ghz
26
27 amd64 ~ # emerge --update --deep --newuse --pretend -v world
28
29 Performing Global Updates: /usr/portage/profiles/updates/4Q-2005
30 (Could take a couple of minutes if you have a lot of binary packages.)
31 .='update pass' *='binary update' @='/var/db move'
32 s='/var/db SLOT move' S='binary SLOT move' p='update
33 /etc/portage/package.*'
34 ....
35
36 These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
37
38 Calculating world dependencies \QA Notice: USE Flag 'elibc_uclibc' not
39 in IUSE for sys-devel/libperl-5.8.5-r1
40 QA Notice: USE Flag 'elibc_uclibc' not in IUSE for sys-devel/libperl-5.8.5
41
42 <snipped packages>
45 The QA Notices only show up on the first emerge after doing a --sync on
46 the server. Is this something I should be concerned with, or are the QA
47 Notices not that big of deal? And am I going to run into other issues?
48 I haven't emerged anything just yet since I don't feel like rebuilding
49 anything in case it blows up or something.
50
51 Thanks all,
52 Chris Frederick
55 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list